Ladies ask me on a pretty regular basis what I use on my face. I usually answer with “Do you have a while?” Ha ha. I was going to tell you about my new favorite face product but decided, why not give you my current regimen.
Just so you know, I am almost sure that I spend more on my face each year than on my hair, clothes and shoes combined. I would rather have good skin and cheap clothes than old, wrinkly looking skin and nice clothes. Just my preference since our budget can’t accommodate fabulous clothes and great skin care products. So here we go:
My nighttime routine:
(FYI I haven’t missed a night of washing my wash in 25 years. I even drag all this stuff to the hospital for every TT stay.)
1. I take off my eye make- up first with Almay moisturizing eye makeup remover
2. Wash my face with Kiehl’s Purifying Foaming Cleanser with my Mia Clarasonic
3. Next I use Kiehl’s Clarity-Activating Toner
4. 2- 3 nights a week I use a prescription from the dermatologist. Right now I am using a generic Atralin gel I got from a Canadian pharmacy because it was over $300 at my normal pharmacy. This stuff takes off the top layer of my skin and causes it to peel all the time which is annoying but I love the results.
5. The nights I don’t use the prescription I use Kiehl’s Creme D’Elegance Repairateur
6. I always use a eye creme at night but my favorite one by Kiehl’s has been discontinued and I still have some left so I need to find an alternative soon. I have my eye on a few options.
7. I use Kiehl’s lip balm and Solar Oil conditioner on my nail cuticles followed by
8. Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength hand Salve on my hands right before bed.
9. I also use my Nuskin Galvanic Spa system at least twice a month. I used to sell Nuskin and I still love this product, it really works amazing.
In the morning the routine is much less complicated, here is my system:
1. Tons of Kiehl’s Creamy Eye treatment all around my eyes the moment I wake up.
2. I do NOT wash my face or use toner in the morning.
3. I started using Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream with SPF 30 last month. I used to use Neurtrogena 70 sunscreen everyday before that but my skin was getting way too dry and I had to switch. I love this new moisturizer.
4. AND NOW MY NEW FAVORITE PRODUCT….. DIORSNOW Uv Shield,tinted BB Creme with 50 PA+++. I have never tried a BB creme nor any Dior product before but my favorite Kiehl’s sales lady told me about it. I don’t really like wearing foundation but it is better for your skin to have a physical layer on the skin, so now I use this BB Creme. You only need a half of pump and there is only one color. My friend who has a much warmer skin tone than me bought it and loves it, so I guess it works on lots of different skin colors. If you are going to try any of the products I use, I suggest this one.
And last but not least I have had about 6 photofacials over the past 8 years and one chemical peel. If you have brown spots on your face and haven’t had a photofacial, you seriously need to consider one. They are the best invention ever!
And that is what I do to my face everyday before I even get to my makeup. Everyone in my family thinks I’m crazy but the whole process actually doesn’t take that long.
Have a great day!
available on kindle