Have you ever noticed when you talk to someone almost everyday you always have so much to say and yet when you talk to someone you haven’t seen in forever you are sometimes stumped on how to carry the conversation? Well, that is how I feel about my readers. I write stuff to you everyday, but I still have so much more I want to share about so many different topics, so I am thinking Friday is going to be my catch all day where I tell you everything I missed telling you during the week. So here it goes.
- I talked to my doctor friend and he said not to worry about my weird pupil thing, he didn’t think it was anything but would talk to his friend who was a neurologist and ask his opinion. In the mean time, he said I should keep my appointment with the doctor for next month and just keep an eye on my pupil size. Easy enough!
- Trinity has been playing volleyball at school and their team won all three games this week. The girls were screeching with excitement and it is the happiest I have seen Trinity in a while. Tiara sat through all the games and cheered and I have been having the best time watching! I am a volleyball freak and am loving that Trinity is having a blast playing.
- I brought snack to volleyball this week and was super excited with my snack idea. Tabitha thought it was rather uninspiring and boring but I thought it was creative. I always want to bring a healthy snack and yet the girls don’t want something healthy so I found a good compromise. There are 16 girls on the team so I bought a huge thing of goldfish crackers, pretzels and plain M&M’s and made a trail mix combo in Ziploc baggies. I know it isn’t superhealthy but none of the items have high fructose corn syrup and all the girls really seemed happy with the snack even though it wasn’t a cookie, a donut, chips or a cupcake and I didn’t feel guilty giving it to them. It would definitely be a good soccer snack.
- Lou surprised me by asking his Mom to watch the girls overnight on Saturday night so we could go away for a belated birthday celebration. I was super excited about the surprise but was stressing out about spending money on a hotel so I found a great deal for the Islands Hotel on LivingSocial. It was only $179 for the night, so we bought it and Lou called to make the reservation and they said it was a black out date. It wasn’t a black out date because I read the fine print, but Lou doesn’t like to argue like me so he booked a room for $279, which was out of my comfort zone. I called back that night and explained it wasn’t a blackout date and the women confirmed I was right but they were at full capacity so they weren’t taking any more LivingSocial deals for that day. I was so mad! No matter what I said, she didn’t care, she wasn’t taking my voucher. I emailed LivingSocial to explain the situation and request a refund since they weren’t going to honor the voucher and I have yet to hear back from them or get my refund. Living Social claims they will refund any voucher within 7 days of purchase if you email them. So we are still going all the way to Fashion Island for the night but I am so irritated with the Islands Hotel I haven’t decided if I can stay there or I should book a room somewhere else. I seriously get crazy when a company tries to pull crap like this. Obviously they did the LivingSocial deal because they thought it would be a slow time at their hotel and suddenly it wasn’t so they decided, screw the LivingSocial vouchers we don’t need those people any more, we have people willing to pay full price. I get it but it isn’t right.
- We finally got all the paperwork approved and Tiara is starting her home teaching on Monday, which she seems exicited about.
- I am writing a post for a national company which will be featured on their blog soon. Will give you the specific information when it is actually published.
- My daily blog numbers have been increasing significantly but suddenly I am not making any money!!! I have been averaging between $156-225 each month from Google and now this month I have only made $40 so far, because no one is clicking my ads anymore. I realize that I can’t keep harassing people to click the ads so I am going to be adding the Amazon affiliate program to my site. Apparently I can put Amazon deals of the day on my blog and make my own suggestions for my readers and if you buy anything I receive a commission. The prices are the exact same and apparently Amazon has over 90,000 affiliate associates so this is the wave of the future. I have learned that some people set up websitea for the mere purpose of earning money through affiliate programs like Amazon’s. Still learning something new everyday.
- Have started my ebook but it is taking me longer than I thought to write and to figure out the whole process. I can’t seem to find enough time to write my 5 posts each week, respond to emails, and write the book. Getting a little frustrated but haven’t given up.
- Bailey’s (our dog) allergies have flared up and he won’t stop itching which drives me insane. In addition he left a loose stool in the back yard the other day which I discovered while playing basketball with Tiara. I threatened Tiara not to move from where she was standing and ran as fast as I could inside to grab a plastic bag to clean up the poop. When I returned, 2 seconds later she had crawled across the poop and it was everywhere. So disgusting!!! I bet you couldn’t guessed that was gong to happen, I should have known better.
- I went to the thrift store and found this fabulous milk glass bowl with a stem for $2.00. I brought it home, cleaned it up and put a little orchid in it. It looked so great on the coffee table, and made me so happy whenever I looked at it. Last night Tiara sat on the coffee table and pushed my arrangement to the ground. It broke after living in our house for a total of 3 days, such a bummer.
- People are finally recognizing me at Trinity’s school with the red hair. I can’t tell you how many friends, teachers and even the principal haven’t recognized me and just walk on by without saying Hi. My only saving grace is Tiara. Everyone recognizes her, so people eventually figure out It’s Me.
Have a wonderful weekend and pray it isn’t a zillion degrees again because my $600 electrical bill is totally freaking me out but I have to keep on the air for Tiara. Isn’t it great how I can blame it on her?