I am starting to think all my recipes look the same. Kinda weird, but they all taste different. The turkey burger bowl above is Tiara’s so it has ranch dressing on it but everyone else likes raspberry vinegarette or caesar dressing. Tabitha is the one who came up with this recipe as she is super creative in the kitchen and she makes it much better than me, but since she is so busy, the family is stuck with my version.
Turkey Burger Bowl
- 1.25 lb of ground turkey/ one package
- 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 20 cleaned and chopped baby carrots ( Of course I buy the bag of organic ones from Trader Joes’s that are already cleaned)
- 1/2 lemon
- can of black beans
- lettuce ( Tiara likes Butter lettuce, Tabitha and Lou will only eat Romaine, Trin tries to avoid all lettuce and I like Mixed greens for this dish)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- cheese for the burgers (Tabitha likes Buffalo Mozzarella, Tiara has soy cheese, Lou likes Muenster, Trinity likes Cheddar and if I eat one I like Goat cheese) See what I am dealing with here!
- salad dressing (Tabitha likes Raspberry vinegarette Trin and Lou like Caesar, Tiara likes Ranch and I like my homemade olive oil and vinegar
- 1 tomato chopped (I forgot to add it the other night, so not in the picture, but is a great add on)
- Tear up the lettuce into small pieces and put on the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of black beans over the lettuce.
- Next add a turkey patty
- then carrots and onions mixture,
- followed by avocado slices and diced tomatoes.
- Lastly add any kind of salad dressing you like.
If you think the dish and table look crazy, you can only imagine the mess on the floor. Thank goodness we have a dog….